Since it's the first week of school, we have been going over rules and the procedures of school and the classroom. We practice these rules daily and will continue to do so throughout the year. I created a jar called "The Rules Jar". Inside are different rules on paper that the kids can come and draw and act out. For example: Show me how to walk in the hall. Show me where to put my backpack. How do you not act at recess?
Miss C: I'm looking for a student who is sitting quietly in their desk to come draw a rule from the jar. *Student*, I see you know how to follow the rules. Please come draw a rule.
Student's Rule: Show me how NOT to treat your desk?
Student's answer: Don't fart on your desk, don't pee or poop on your desk.
Being a teacher comes with many joys; one of those joys being the ears and eyes of several funny things said and done by my students. Here are some of the daily humors that fill my life from the 6 year olds I share my world with and love with all my heart. For the privacy of my students and myself, no names will be given :)
Popular Posts
-
We have been talking about germs in Science. How we stop the spread of germs and how we do spread germs. We also talk about how we have good...
-
Since it's the first week of school, we have been going over rules and the procedures of school and the classroom. We practice these rul...
-
So it has been a long time since my last post, my bad! Things have been crazy in First Grade, but as always, so much fun! It is so exciting ...
-
Every morning I greet my students at the door. Student: Ay Miss Camel, you wearin Apple Bottom Jeans? Miss C: No, I'm not wearing je...
-
This week in Science we are learning about our five senses. All week we will be conducting different experiments as we explore each sense. T...
-
Yesterday, Thursday, was library day. The kids get very excited to read their books and to share with the class about the book they have che...
-
As the students come in, we do a daily journal. Everyone is quiet and it's supposed to be nice and relaxing. Today I see a girl who was ...
No comments:
Post a Comment