As the students come in, we do a daily journal. Everyone is quiet and it's supposed to be nice and relaxing. Today I see a girl who was working so hard, rapidly put her pencil down and jump out her chair to yell: "MISS CAMEL! I need to go poop!!!....she confirmed, upon her return, that everything came out okay.
As we lined up for computer..
Student: Miss Camel, all the girls love me!
Miss C: Ohhh dooo they??
Student: Ya because I teach em how to douggiieee (as he does the Dougie)
We had a class meeting today to discuss one of our friends constant misbehavior (he was in the principals office during this time). I addressed how I wanted this behavior to be ignored and how proud I was of each one of them for making good decisions, being good citizens and working so hard. In the midst of this conversation, I saw a little hand perk up..
Student: My daddy says bad words a lot, but don't tell him I told you or I'll have to say one too!
Needless to say, my students are precious angels and I love them so!
Being a teacher comes with many joys; one of those joys being the ears and eyes of several funny things said and done by my students. Here are some of the daily humors that fill my life from the 6 year olds I share my world with and love with all my heart. For the privacy of my students and myself, no names will be given :)
Popular Posts
-
We have been talking about germs in Science. How we stop the spread of germs and how we do spread germs. We also talk about how we have good...
-
Since it's the first week of school, we have been going over rules and the procedures of school and the classroom. We practice these rul...
-
So it has been a long time since my last post, my bad! Things have been crazy in First Grade, but as always, so much fun! It is so exciting ...
-
Every morning I greet my students at the door. Student: Ay Miss Camel, you wearin Apple Bottom Jeans? Miss C: No, I'm not wearing je...
-
This week in Science we are learning about our five senses. All week we will be conducting different experiments as we explore each sense. T...
-
Yesterday, Thursday, was library day. The kids get very excited to read their books and to share with the class about the book they have che...
-
As the students come in, we do a daily journal. Everyone is quiet and it's supposed to be nice and relaxing. Today I see a girl who was ...
No comments:
Post a Comment